Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
* Read the requirements carefully
* Learn about the latest update
* Read the installation instructions
- History and favourites will be erased in the update process.
1) Download the update file and store it in a location on your computer.
2) Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer or connect the device to the computer via a USB cable. To install the update via USB cable, in the software first select "Mass Storage" option. Go to "Settings > General > USB connection mode" and choose "Mass Storage".
3) Run the update file from the location on your computer. The update will be installed on the memory card.
4) Remove the memory card from the memory card reader/writer and insert it into the device. After you reset the device, the application will start automatically.
5) Open "View" in the main menu, then select "About". If the update was successfully installed, the version number will read "ROUTE 66 Mini/Maxi 8.0.8703.25352".
This application will install an improved GPS firmware on your device. We recommend that this update should be run only if you encounter problems with the GPS signal. After installation, the new GPS firmware version will be 126.96.36.199. To prevent any installation problems, please follow exactly the steps provided in the installer.
All updates are executables. They have been checked for viruses before they were uploaded.