Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
* Read the requirements carefully
* Learn about the latest update
* Read the installation instructions
This update only works with S60 3rd Edition compatible devices.
Note for Nokia 6110 Navigator phone users: This is not an update for the Nokia Navigator software. If installed on the phone, it will function in parallel with the Nokia Navigator software!
- All keys will be deleted from the device while updating the application. You will need to make a key synchronisation after update.
- We recommend you to delete all history items and saved locations in Extras->Weather before running the updater.
1) Determine the version of ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 that you currently have. Launch Mobile 8 and select Options->View->About Mobile. The version information is displayed in the header and in the About text. If the version is 8.0.18990, you are already up to date! If the version is 8.0, or 8.0.x where x is a number less than 18990, you should download the update at the bottom of this page.
2) Remove the memory card from your phone and insert it into the memory card reader/writer.
3) Insert the memory card reader/writer into the USB port of your computer. You can also set-up a data connection between your computer and your device using a USB cable and selecting Mass Storage / Data transfer on your device.
4) Run the update file.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen.
6) The installation takes about one minute.
7) The message "InstallShield Wizard Complete" is displayed to indicate a successful completion of the update procedure.
8) Remove the data cable / memory card from the memory card reader/writer and insert it into your mobile phone.
9) Now execute the file SIGNED_Mobile8_S60_3_0_v8_0_18990_PU.SIS (which you can find on the installation drive in case the Mobile 8 application was pre-installed on your device) or execute the file SIGNED_Mobile8_S60_3_0_v8_0_18990_SA.SIS.
10) Start ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 on your device.
11) Activate the product as mentioned in the user manual.