Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
25 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
If an Internet 3G/GPRS connection is not available on the device, the license key synchronisation can also be done using the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application. Wait until the device is loaded and displayed as connected on the top right part of the screen.
The license key synchronisation is made automatically each time the device is connected to the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
ROUTE 66 Sync is a free PC application which helps you manage, customize and update the content of your navigation device.
With ROUTE 66 Sync you can:
‐ Browse worldwide maps and plan routes free of charge.
‐ Access the online ROUTE 66 Store and buy licenses for the maps and the extra services you are interested in.
‐ Manage your content: update, transfer, backup or delete content.
‐ Update the navigation software.
‐ Synchronize the license keys.
‐ Activate items with voucher codes.
The application can be downloaded at :
A Voucher Code is a payment method used to activate a license on your device. The Voucher Code can be activated as follows:
1. On the device:
- Connect the device to the computer via the USB cable and synchronize the device using Microsoft Active Sync / Windows Mobile Device Center.
- On the device go to "Main menu - Extras - Enter Voucher Code". Introduce the Voucher Code and validate.
2. Using the ROUTE 66 Sync application:
- Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
- Wait until the device is loaded and displayed as connected in the top right corner, and then click on the "Sign in" button. If you do not have a ROUTE 66 account, please go to "File – Create account" in order to create one.
- After logging in, in the menu bar select "File – Use Voucher Code". A window opens. Enter the Voucher Code, click on the "+" sign and then on "OK". The license will be activated and the content will be downloaded to the device.
Voucher Codes are available for the Mini/Maxi devices depending on the country and conditions of purchase.
The Voucher Codes are content-specific. A specific Voucher Code can only activate a specific content.
The content of an item can be removed from the device, by using the ROUTE 66 Sync application:
1. Connect the device to the computer via the USB cable or insert the memory card into a memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated to the computer/laptop).
2. Start the ROUTE 66 Sync application on your computer.
3. In the left menu, in "My Content" section, choose among the displayed content categories and open them by clicking on the specific icons.
4. In "My Device" section, identify the items that you want to delete. The symbol displayed at the right of the item should be a grey or a red padlock. Select the items and click on the "Delete" button. A window will open indicating that the selected content is being deleted. Close the window when the process completes.
5. Now in "My Device" section the symbol displayed next to the item will be a yellow key if a license was previously purchased. The license will remain stored on the device and on the ROUTE 66 server.
In order to back-up the "Favourites", please do the following:
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated into the PC / laptop).
Alternatively using a USB cable, connect the device to the computer in "Mass storage / Disk Drive" mode. The memory card / internal storage memory of your device will appear as a "Removable disk" under "My computer".
2. On the memory card / internal storage memory, open the folder "Data – res". The Favourites are saved in the file "Landmarks". Save this file on the computer.
3. When you wish to restore it, please copy again the file on the folder "Data – res".
It is possible to calculate a route over sea, but at the moment, none of the ROUTE 66 applications can skip segments of calculated routes. In order to find out only the number of kilometers that must be driven, the distance by ferry can be subtracted from the entire route distance.
The route recalculation occurs due to a traffic information update, or when a detour from the initially planned route was done.
The User Manual is available in digital format (on the CD/DVD) in the ROUTE 66 package.
The User Manual is also available for download on the ROUTE 66 website in the “Support – Manuals” section.
Yes, the Pedestrian navigation mode is available in the ROUTE 66 products.
You must take into consideration that the quality of the navigation instructions for pedestrians is lower than the quality of instructions for car navigation. This is caused by limitations of the GPS system, not by limitations of the ROUTE 66 Mobile software. When moving on foot, the motion is more “Stop/Go” and the speed is generally low. This results in larger uncertainties in the directional information reported by the GPS receiver, on which the ROUTE 66 software depends for making correct and timely navigation instructions.
A digital item (map, extra service, etc.) can be found in one of the following stages:
- Blue padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (currently in use).
- Yellow padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (available on the device, currently not in use).
- Red padlock = content downloaded but license not purchased (need to be purchased from the online ROUTE 66 Store).
- Yellow key = license purchased but content missing. The ROUTE 66 Sync application must be used in order to synchronize the content (re download the content), free-of-charge.
The percentage means that inside a tunnel or in urban areas, the speed will be % of the normal speed.
The normal speed is the speed set for the road where the tunnel is.
Example: The user is on a major road and the speed is set to 80km/h. The road goes trough a tunnel/urban area. The speed on this road segment will be % of 80km/h.
The speed values which are defined in Change settings > Speed are used when approximating time of arrival.
The following travel modes are available on the Mini/Maxi device:
1. Fastest (car) – used for personal car navigation along the fastest route (higher speed limits).
2. Shortest (car) – used for personal car navigation along the shortest route (the shortest route between the departure and the destination point).
3. Fastest (lorry) – used for truck navigation along the fastest route (higher speed limits).
4. Shortest (lorry) – used for truck navigation along the shortest route (the shortest route between the departure and the destination point).
5. Pedestrian – used for pedestrian walk (pedestrian-only tracks).
In order to choose the travel mode, please go to “Main menu – Settings – Navigation – Travel mode (Driving type*).
* Depending on the software version.
The icons Main menu - View - Navigation Screen Layout and Contextual Menu are available only during navigation.
A 4 GB memory card is fully compatible with the Mini/Maxi device. Before installing the software, the 4 GB memory card must be formatted in FAT32 in “My computer”. For installations, updates or file copying a compatible memory card reader/writer must be used.
The icon is inactive when there are no contacts saved on the Mini/Maxi device.
In order to add a contact, follow these steps:
1. In the Main menu go to “Save” and choose “Save GPS position” or in the Contextual menu* go to “Save cursor position”.
2. Choose “Save as contact”.
3. Choose the name of the contact.
4. Validate in order to save the new contact.
*The contextual menu is available when the cursor is active on the map.
Yes, it is possible to simulate a route on the Mini/Maxi device.
Follow the next steps:
1. In the Main menu go to "Routes".
2. Select a route from the list and validate. If the list is empty, please plan a new route.
3. Click on the Main menu icon on the bottom of the screen - "Simulate route".
4. The simulated navigation starts. The navigation bar and the voice instructions are enabled and refer to the simulated driving conditions along the calculated route.
A route cannot be simulated if the route does not belong to the current map. For example, it is not possible to simulate a route in Germany if the current map is France.
The Mini/Maxi device can be reset by inserting a stylus into the reset button on the bottom of the device.
This icon will only be active when the Mini/Maxi device is connected to a mobile phone via Bluetooth.
The phone feature is only available if the navigation device is hooked to the wireless car kit, if the Bluetooth connection is enabled between the device and car kit, and if the Bluetooth pairing between the device and the phone is active.
The wireless car kit accessory is not included in the Mini/Maxi kit. It can only be purchased separately.
The full postcode search is available for the UK and the Netherlands only. When entering a postcode, the “space” character must be used (e.g. ABC 123 or 1234 ABC).
There are more possibilities to add photos on the memory card of the Mini/Maxi device.
To add photos on the memory card via a memory card reader/writer:
1. Switch off the device.
2. Remove the memory card from the device.
3. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated into the PC / laptop). The memory card will appear as a "Removable disk" in "My computer".
4. Copy the photos from the computer to the memory card.
5. Insert the memory card back into the device and do a reset of the device.
6. In order to visualize the photos go to the Main menu – Photos.
To add photos on the memory card via the Microsoft ActiveSync application:
1. Connect the Mini / Maxi device to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Synchronize the device to the computer via the ActiveSync application.
3. In the Microsoft ActiveSync window, go to “File – Explore” in order to browse the content of the device.
3. Open the folder “SDMMC” (which represent the content of the memory card). Copy here the photos from your computer.
4. Disconnect the device from the computer.
5. In order to visualize the photos go to the Main menu – Photos.