Please select the desired section
Dukungan Pelanggan ROUTE 66 dapat dihubungi sebagai berikut:
21 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
This problem occurs when the 2007 Q2 map version is used with a previous Navigate 7 version, for instance 7.0.3485.
We strongly recommend using the 2007 Q2 map with the latest application version - Navigate 7.0.3527.
This issue was fixed. Please run the latest update available on the ROUTE 66 website.
This issue was fixed by an update. Please run the latest update available on the ROUTE 66 website.
To solve this issue, please do the following:
1. Delete all old POIs.
2. Run the most recent ROUTE 66 Navigate 7 Chicago software updater (from the ROUTE 66 website, in the Support section) by using an external memory card reader/writer.
3. Run the most recent ROUTE 66 Navigate 7 Chicago safety cameras updater (from the ROUTE 66 website, in the Support section) via an external memory card reader/writer or via Microsoft ActiveSync.
This issue was solved in the newer versions of ROUTE 66 Navigate 7 - Chicago. Please run the latest update available on the ROUTE 66 website.
Please press the two buttons (power button and navigation button) longer until the device turns off. Then perform a soft-reset by inserting the stylus into the reset button.
If the memory card reader/writer you are using is internal / integrated into the PC, please follow the manual installation procedure below:
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer
2. Format the memory card in FAT (not Fat 32) in My computer
3. Insert the CD/DVD into the CD/DVD drive. A ROUTE 66 window is automatically opened. Select 'Browse Contents'.
4. Select 'MemoryImage' and open this folder
5. Select all the files available there (Audioplayer, help, lang, maps, pois, res, ROUTE66, speech, TMC, gpstmc.dll, R66Navigate7.exe), copy them and then paste them onto your memory card.
6. Remove the memory card from the memory card reader/writer and insert it into the Chicago device.
7. You can now start the device and open the ROUTE 66 application.
In order to (re)install the software on the Chicago memory card by connecting the device to the PC via the USB cable, you need to install the Microsoft ActiveSync component on your PC.
Please note that you can only use this method in case you have a map smaller than 512 MB (this is the transfer limitation via ActiveSync).
Please download and install the ActiveSync component from the Microsoft website:
After downloading and installing ActiveSync, please follow the steps below:
1. Connect the Chicago device to your PC using the miniUSB cable in the package.
2. Insert the CD/DVD into the CD/DVD drive
3. In My computer, select the Chicago device that appears in the list of devices connected to your computer (e.g. Mobile device), then select 'Storage card' and delete all the files and folders available there.
4. Browse the content of the CD/DVD and open the folder 'MemoryImage'.
5. Select all the folders and files (Audioplayer, help, lang, maps, pois, res, ROUTE66, speech, TMC, gpstmc.dll, R66Navigate7.exe) and copy them.
6. Select the Chicago device again and in 'Storage Card' paste all the files and folders.
Occasionally, you may need to reset your device. For example, you should reset your system when it stops responding, or appears to be frozen, or locked up.
Insert the stylus into the reset button on the bottom of your device.
In order to reinstall the software you need a memory card reader/writer. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer.
2. Connect the memory card reader/writer to the USB port of your computer.
3. Insert the CD/DVD into the CD/DVD drive. The installation will start automatically. If it does not start, please launch the setup.exe file from the CD/DVD. The installation will start.
4. Select the installation language.
5. Click on 'Next'.
6. Read and select to accept the License agreement, then click on 'Next'
7. Select the language of the voice instructions
8. You will be warned that the memory card will be erased. Click on 'Yes' to continue
9. Your memory card will be formatted
10. Click on 'Install' to proceed with the installation
11. The installation begins. The process will take a few seconds
12. Click on 'Finish' to complete the installation. The software is now installed on your memory card.
13. Remove the memory card from the memory card reader/writer and insert it into the Chicago device.
If the memory card reader/writer you are using is internal / integrated into the PC, please (re)install the software manually.
Kindly check whether the memory card and the card reader/writer you are using work properly.
Please note that the newer Navigate 7 updates can solve this issue. We recommend running the latest update.
However, if the problem still persists, we recommend this workaround solution:
1. Format the memory card in FAT.
2. Reinstall the application by using the back-up CD and a memory card reader writer.
3. Run the latest software update.
This issue is resolved with the latest Chicago firmware update.
You can re-calibrate the screen of your device by either performing a hard reset or by selecting Change settings > Calibrate screen in the Main menu.
Please calibrate your screen as follows:
Carefully press and briefly hold the stylus in the center of the target (black cross). Repeat as the target moves over the screen.
Tap the screen to register the new settings within 20 seconds. If you do not tap the screen before the countdown ends, the new settings are not registered and the calibration is not properly made.
Please download and install the Microsoft ActiveSync component to synchronize your PC to the Chicago device. For downloading go to the following link:
This is normal behaviour, please consult the "Chicago Hardware User Manual". When a blue screen is displayed the device is in "service mode". It is not recommended to continue using the device in this mode. To return to normal device behaviour, use the RESET button as described in the manual.
Press the power button longer and at the same time insert the stylus into the reset button on the bottom of your device. Press both for a few seconds and then release it. Immediately after this procedure the device will start and you will be asked to calibrate the screen.
Please make sure that the backlight of the display is on. Please also move to a location with more light.
We kindly ask you to perform a hard reset of your system.
Please make sure that your device is not running out of battery power. If the problem still exists, please reset your system.
The maximum compatible size of a memory card can be 2 GB.