Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
6 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
In some cases, when the ROUTE 66 Sync encounters errors or unexpected behaviour, it is recommended to send an error report to the ROUTE 66 technical support team. This report can help fix the issue.
Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application. In the menu bar, select “Help – Generate error report”. Make sure that all the check boxes are selected: “Log file”, “Content information” and “Other information”. Enter the requested information: your e-mail address and a message describing the error that had occurred.
Click on the “Send” button to transmit the error report.
The map content was not correctly downloaded or it is corrupted. The map content needs to be deleted and then downloaded again using the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
1. Start the ROUTE 66 Sync application on the computer.
2. Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable in "Data transfer" mode. The Nokia Navigator application must be closed on the phone before connecting it to the computer.
3. In the left menu, in "My Content" section, from among the displayed content categories select "Maps" by clicking on the specific icon.
In "My Device" section, identify the map that you want to delete. The symbol displayed at the right of the map should be a grey padlock. Select the map and click on the "Delete" button. A window will open indicating that the selected content is being deleted. Close the window when the process completes.
4. Now in "My Device" section the symbol displayed next to the map will be a yellow key. The license remains stored on the device and on the ROUTE 66 server.
5. Now download the map content back to the memory card. Please select the map and click on the "Download" button. The content will be downloaded again to the memory card.
If you receive this message when trying to calculate a route on the Brasil 2007Q2 map using the Nokia Navigator software we advise you to download, install and use the latest ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 V3 version available on the ROUTE 66 website.
The Nokia Navigator application must be launched and run on the phone at least once before connecting the phone to the computer. Close then the application and connect the phone to the computer in "Data transfer" mode. The ROUTE 66 Sync application will then detect the phone and load the content.
The voice guidance is played “minimally” and vocal instructions are received only when there are important turns to be announced.
For example, the vocal instruction will be not played during a straight road without important turns.
It is recommended to run the latest firmware update. The navigation software update is included in the device firmware update and it can be downloaded from Nokia website at the following link: