Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
9 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
Starting from 4 January 2012, the use of Safety camera services is illegal in France. This means that you are forbidden to make use of any information regarding the location of safety cameras. Having the Safety camera service enabled on your mobile device is against the law and attracts penalties.
To stay within the law, we advise you to perform an update of your Safety camera service. This will remove Safety cameras for France from your device.
Update Safety cameras directly on your mobile device, using Wi-Fi or a mobile Internet connection.
1. Start the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 application.
2. Select "Options - Extras - Safety cameras".
3. Select the Safety cameras for France / Western Europe / Europe, then "Options - Open - Options - Update".
Alternatively, you can update Safety cameras using the ROUTE 66 Sync computer application.
1. Install ROUTE 66 Sync on your computer. You can download ROUTE 66 Sync from http://www.66.com/support/index.php?cid=IN-en&opt=updates_detail&p=26 .
2. Connect your mobile device to the computer via a USB cable, in "Data transfer" or "Mass storage" mode.
3. ROUTE 66 Sync automatically checks for new content updates.
4. Click "Yes" when the following message is displayed: "You have purchased content for which free updates are available. Do you want to download the updates now?".
5. A window opens displaying all available updates. Click "Update".
6. Sign in to your ROUTE 66 account and the content update is performed.
7. If no update is found automatically, please also perform a manual check. In the menu bar of the ROUTE 66 Sync application select "View - My content" and then "My content - Search for content updates".
8. A window opens displaying all available updates. Click "Update".
Upon completion of the update process, the Safety camera information for France has been removed from your device.
In most countries, the use of Safety camera services is legal and plays an important role in keeping the roads safer.
In Switzerland and France, the use of Safety camera services is forbidden. In conformity with local legislation, ROUTE 66 does not provide Safety camera services for Switzerland and France.
The TMC related issues can occur because of different reasons (e.g. GPRS connection not functioning, TMC data not available for that particular area, etc.).
Before updating the TMC messages, the following conditions must be met:
1. The GPRS service must be activated.
2. The GPRS connection must be functioning, and the user must be able to use successfully other services from Extras (e.g. Weather).
3. The TMC service should work with any GPRS data connection. The WAP connection set as network access point is not recommended as it is more restrictive.
If there are problems with the GPRS connection, an error message should be received e.g. “Connection error” or “Server error” followed by an error code.
The traffic information messages are up to 1 KB during navigation.
At the moment the TMC service is not available for Finland.
ROUTE 66 cannot alter the used map data as all alterations and corrections must be made by the map supplier itself. The only thing ROUTE 66 Customer Support can do with respect to these matters is to report the incorrect or missing map areas, post codes or points of interest to the map supplier.
ROUTE 66 Customer Support does not have any influence on the time taken or the way the map data is corrected. When a new ROUTE 66 product line is designed, the ROUTE 66 Research and Development department makes great effort in using the most recent map data available at the desired detail level.
For more information on how the current map supplier “Navigation Technologies” constructs their map data, it is suggested to visit the website: http://www.navteq.com/
When attempting to update the Traffic information around the GPS position, the application searches and retrieves the TMC messages around the GPS position (for an area of 50 km radius).
If there is Traffic data available for that area, the information is displayed in the list. If there is no traffic information available for that area, the message “No data” is displayed.
There are 2 reasons for which the TMC information is not updated:
1. Currently there is no available TMC data around the GPS position.
2. There is a problem with the GPRS connection.
The deleted content, for which a license key was previously purchased, can be restored by downloading it from our server. This option is available for Maps, Safety Cameras, Voices, Travel guides and Colour schemes.
It is recommended to use the ROUTE 66 Sync application to download the missing / lost content. Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application. In the left menu, in “My Content” section, choose among the displayed content categories and open them by clicking on the specific icons.
If in “My Device” section a yellow key is displayed at the right of the item, select it and click on the “Download” button. The content will be downloaded first to the computer, and then it will be copied to the device.
If in “My Computer” section a grey or a red padlock is displayed at the right of the item, select it and click on the “Copy” button.
The content can also be downloaded through the GPRS connection of your phone. In this case, the cost associated to using the GPRS connection should be taken into consideration. For more information on the GPRS connection cost, contact the service provider.
The following phones were tested and are compatible with the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 V3 software:
Nokia: 6110 Navigator, Nokia 6120, Nokia 6210 Navigator, Nokia 6220, Nokia E51, Nokia E66, Nokia E70, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N78, Nokia N81, Nokia N82, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N96,
Samsung: i8510 Primera, Samsung SGH-G810, Samsung SGH-i550, Samsung SGH-i560.