Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
16 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
If an Internet 3G/GPRS connection is not available on the device, the license key synchronisation can also be done using the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application. Wait until the device is loaded and displayed as connected on the top right part of the screen.
The license key synchronisation is made automatically each time the device is connected to the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
ROUTE 66 Sync is a free PC application which helps you manage, customize and update the content of your navigation device.
With ROUTE 66 Sync you can:
‐ Browse worldwide maps and plan routes free of charge.
‐ Access the online ROUTE 66 Store and buy licenses for the maps and the extra services you are interested in.
‐ Manage your content: update, transfer, backup or delete content.
‐ Update the navigation software.
‐ Synchronize the license keys.
‐ Activate items with voucher codes.
The application can be downloaded at :
It is possible to calculate a route over sea, but at the moment, none of the ROUTE 66 applications can skip segments of calculated routes. In order to find out only the number of kilometers that must be driven, the distance by ferry can be subtracted from the entire route distance.
The content of an item can be removed from the phone, by using the ROUTE 66 Sync application:
1. Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable. Make sure that the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 application is closed on the phone before connecting it to the computer.
2. Start the ROUTE 66 Sync application on the computer.
3. In the left menu, in "My Content" section, choose among the displayed content categories and open them by clicking on the specific icons.
4. In "My Device" section, identify the items that you want to delete. The symbol displayed at the right of the item should be a grey or a red padlock. Select the items and click on the "Delete" button. A window will open indicating that the selected content is being deleted. Close the window when the process completes.
5. Now in "My Device" section the symbol displayed next to the item will be a yellow key if a license was previously purchased. The license will remain stored on the device and on the ROUTE 66 server.
The route recalculation occurs due to a traffic information update, or when a detour from the initially planned route was done.
The User Manual is available in digital format (on the CD/DVD) in the ROUTE 66 package.
The User Manual is also available for download on the ROUTE 66 website in the “Support – Manuals” section.
The 3D perspective is not available in Pedestrian mode. It is possible to use the 3D perspective only on the “As fast as possible” or “As short as possible” travel mode.
The Landmarks can be saved by using the Nokia PC Suite application, not the ROUTE 66 Sync. However, the Nokia PC Suite application does not offer a separate backing-up solution for Landmarks.
The options “Backup” and “Restore” must be used for saving and restoring the Landmarks. The entire mobile phone system content will be saved (software, settings, contacts, landmarks, etc.). The restore of a back-up will restore everything, including the Landmarks. The user will not be able to browse the content of a back-up file.
Further questions on this topic could be addressed to Nokia help center.
Yes, the Pedestrian navigation mode is available in the ROUTE 66 products.
You must take into consideration that the quality of the navigation instructions for pedestrians is lower than the quality of instructions for car navigation. This is caused by limitations of the GPS system, not by limitations of the ROUTE 66 Mobile software. When moving on foot, the motion is more “Stop/Go” and the speed is generally low. This results in larger uncertainties in the directional information reported by the GPS receiver, on which the ROUTE 66 software depends for making correct and timely navigation instructions.
A digital item (map, extra service, etc.) can be found in one of the following stages:
- Blue padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (currently in use).
- Yellow padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (available on the device, currently not in use).
- Red padlock = content downloaded but license not purchased (need to be purchased from the online ROUTE 66 Store).
- Yellow key = license purchased but content missing. The ROUTE 66 Sync application must be used in order to synchronize the content (re download the content), free-of-charge.
In order to install ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 on a phone with an internal Hard Disk, please follow these steps:
1. Connect your phone to the computer via an USB cable.
2. On the screen of the phone the following options will be displayed:
- Media player
- PC suite
- Mass Storage
3. Choose “Mass Storage”.
4. The phone will appear as an external Hard Disk Drive on “My Computer”.
5. Insert the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD in the computer's CD/DVD drive.
6. A window opens automatically. Select the “Browse content” option and then select and open the “MemoryImage” folder.
7. Copy the content of the “MemoryImage” folder (“Private”, “Resource”, “Sys”, “System”, and “Mobile 8.SIS”) from the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD to the root of the phone's Hard Disk. If the message “This folder already contains a folder named System” is displayed while the data is transferred, please choose “Yes” to continue copying the Mobile 8 files.
8. When the copying is finished please disconnect the phone from the computer.
9. The software installation will start automatically. If it does not, please go on your phone to “Tools – File manager – Hard Disk” and select the Mobile 8.SIS file to manually launch the installer. Install the file on the Hard Disk of the phone not on the Phone memory.
10. The Mobile 8 icon will be found in the Main menu of the phone in the ROUTE 66 folder.
The meaning of “?” symbol is “Unknown / Unnamed license key”.
A question mark occurs in the list of maps/extra services in case the ROUTE 66 Sync application does not connect to the server and thus it does not recognize the activated content. There are different possible reasons for this behavior (e.g. an Internet connection is not available on the computer, Internet connection problems, temporary issues with the server, etc.).
A memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated into the PC / laptop) should be used in order to install. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer, place the Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD in the computer CD/DVD drive and press the "Install" tab on the automatically opened window. Then follow the instructions on the screen.
It is recommended to format the memory card before installing Mobile 8 S60 in order to make sure that all the card sectors are reliable. The memory card content (photos, music, etc.) can be backed-up before proceeding with the format.
In case the automatic installation does not work, the manual installation is strongly recommended. A memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated into the PC / laptop) should be used in order to install. The installation procedure is the following:
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer and format it in "My computer". The memory card will appear as a "Removable disk" in "My computer". Format the memory card in FAT (for memory cards up to 2 GB capacity) or in FAT32 (for memory cards bigger than 2 GB capacity).
2. Insert the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD in the computer's CD/DVD drive.
3. A window opens automatically. Choose the “Browse content” option and then select and open the "MemoryImage" folder.
4. Copy the content of the "MemoryImage" folder ("Private", "Resource", "Sys", "System", and "Mobile 8.SIS") from the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD to the root of the memory card.
5. When the data copying is finished, please insert the memory card back into the phone. The software installation will start automatically. If it does not, please go on your phone to "File manager – Storage card" and select the Mobile 8.SIS file to manually launch the installer. Install the file on the Memory card of the phone not on the Phone memory.
If no memory card reader/writer is available, there is an alternate installation procedure that could be followed, using a USB cable:
1. Connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable and select the "Data transfer" or the "Mass storage" connection mode. The memory card of your phone will appear as a "Removable disk" in "My computer".
2. Insert the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD in the computer's CD/DVD drive.
3. A window opens automatically. Select the “Browse content” option and then select and open the "MemoryImage" folder.
4. Copy the content of the "MemoryImage" folder ("Private", "Resource", "Sys", "System", and "Mobile 8.SIS") from the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD to the root of the memory card. If the message "This folder already contains a folder named System. Do you want to replace it?" is displayed while the data is transferred, please choose "Yes" to continue copying the Mobile 8 files.
5. When the data copying is finished, please disconnect the phone. The software installation will start automatically. If it does not, on the phone go to "File manager – Storage card" and select the Mobile 8.SIS file to manually launch the installer. Install the file on the Memory card of the phone not on the Phone memory.
The audio prompts are played only during car navigation (personal car or lorry). A regular GPS receiver sends accurate/usable data only at a speed higher than 5 km/h. Due to this, when Pedestrian navigation is activated (hence low speed), the information about speed and direction is not sufficiently accurate for providing audio prompts.
The IMEI (short for International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique number given to every single mobile phone.
This number can be found by dialing on the phone the following code: *#06# (just like dialing a phone number) and the IMEI number will be displayed on the phone screen.
Mobile 8 S60 is compatible with Samsung SGH-i550. However, ROUTE 66 cannot guarantee full software compatibility in case you wish to install it on a branded device.
The device provider should be contacted in order to find out whether 3rd party software can be installed on the branded device.