Please select the desired section
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
4 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
* Browse the frequently asked questions of this product
* Subscribe to automatic notifications about new answers
* Rate our answers
* Send us feedback
* Subscribe to our Newsletter
This issue occurs in case the “History” items and the locations saved in “Extras – Weather” were not deleted prior to running the software update.
In order to solve this problem please follow below steps:
1. Reinstall the previous ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 V3 software version from the back-up CD / DVD.
2. Run the software update according to the instructions available on the ROUTE 66 website.
In some cases, when the ROUTE 66 Sync encounters errors or unexpected behaviour, it is recommended to send an error report to the ROUTE 66 technical support team. This report can help fix the issue.
Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable and start the ROUTE 66 Sync application. In the menu bar, select “Help – Generate error report”. Make sure that all the check boxes are selected: “Log file”, “Content information” and “Other information”. Enter the requested information: your e-mail address and a message describing the error that had occurred.
Click on the “Send” button to transmit the error report.
If, during software installation, you receive a message indicating that more free space is needed, although there is enough free space on the memory card,we recommend you to install the software manually.
To install manually the software, please follow the steps below:
1. Format the memory card in FAT (not FAT32).
2. Insert ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 CD/DVD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive. The installation window will display.
3. Select the 'Browse content' option in the Installer menu.
4. Open and copy manually the content of the 'MemoryImage' folder (i.e private, resource, sys, system, Mobile 8.0.1), from the CD-ROM to the formatted memory card.
5. Insert the memory card back into your mobile phone.
The software should install automatically to your phone.
If the software does not install automatically after you insert the memory card back into your phone, please go to 'File Manager' on the phone and run 'Mobile 8 sa.sis' file, selecting 'Memory card' as file location.
If the message "An error has occurred during the installation. Please check if the write protection of your memory card is switched off and whether your device is properly connected to the PC" occurs when installing ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60, please follow the steps below in order to install the software manually.
A memory card reader/writer (either external or integrated into the PC / laptop) should be used in order to install. The installation procedure is the following:
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader/writer and format it in "My computer". The memory card will appear as a "Removable disk" in "My computer". Format the memory card in FAT (for memory cards up to 2 GB capacity) or in FAT32 (for memory cards bigger than 2 GB capacity). After formatting the memory card, in “Properties”, the “Used space” must be 0.
2. Insert the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD in the computer's CD/DVD drive.
3. A window opens automatically. Choose the “Browse content” option and then select and open the "MemoryImage" folder.
4. Copy the content of the "MemoryImage" folder ("Private", "Resource", "Sys", "System", and "Mobile 8.SIS") from the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 CD/DVD to the root of the memory card.
5. When the data copying is finished, please insert the memory card back into the phone. The software installation will start automatically. If it does not, please go on your phone to "File manager – Storage card" and select the Mobile 8.SIS file to manually launch the installer. Install the file on the Memory card of the phone not on the Phone memory.