Maps and navigation. Anytime. Anywhere.
ROUTE 66 Customer Support can be contacted as follows:
User manual - SW (4MB)
ROUTE 66 Sync (148MB)
RC410 driver (111KB)
A digital item (map, extra service, etc.) can be found in one of the following stages:
- Blue padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (currently in use).
- Yellow padlock = license purchased + content downloaded (available on the device, currently not in use).
- Red padlock = content downloaded but license not purchased (need to be purchased from the online ROUTE 66 Store).
- Yellow key = license purchased but content missing. The ROUTE 66 Sync application must be used in order to synchronize the content (re download the content), free-of-charge.
The route recalculation occurs due to a traffic information update, or when a detour from the initially planned route was done.
The following travel modes are available on the RAC device:
1. Fastest (car) – used for personal car navigation along the fastest route (higher speed limits).
2. Shortest (car) – used for personal car navigation along the shortest route (the shortest route between the departure and the destination point).
3. Fastest (lorry) – used for truck navigation along the fastest route (higher speed limits).
4. Shortest (lorry) – used for truck navigation along the shortest route (the shortest route between the departure and the destination point).
5. Pedestrian – used for pedestrian walk (pedestrian-only tracks).
In order to choose the travel mode, please go to “Main menu – Settings – Navigation – Travel mode (Driving type*).
* Depending on the software version.
The icons Main menu - View - Navigation Screen Layout and Contextual Menu are available only during navigation.
Yes, it is possible to simulate a route on the RAC device.
Follow the next steps:
1. In the Main menu go to "Routes".
2. Select a route from the list and validate. If the list is empty, please plan a new route.
3. Click on the Main menu icon on the bottom of the screen - "Simulate route".
4. The simulated navigation starts. The navigation bar and the voice instructions are enabled and refer to the simulated driving conditions along the calculated route.
A route cannot be simulated if the route does not belong to the current map. For example, it is not possible to simulate a route in Germany if the current map is France.
The RAC device can be reset by inserting a stylus into the reset button.
The geographic database used in "ROUTE 66 RAC" is provided by Navigation Technologies ( http://www.navteq.com ) and contains up-to-date geographic data from Q3-2008.
ROUTE 66 provides a high number of regional, country, or city maps for over 30 European countries. These maps can be purchased from the online ROUTE 66 Store using the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
The following regional and country maps are available for ROUTE 66 RAC:
1. Europe. This map contains 43 countries: Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Vatican, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Andorra, Monaco, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine.
2. Baltics and Central Europe. This map contains 7 countries: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Hungary and Poland.
3. Eastern Europe. This map contains 21 countries: Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine.
4. Balkan and Eastern Europe. This map contains 10 countries: Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, and Greece.
5. Western Europe. This map contains 22 countries: Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Vatican, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Andorra and Monaco.
6. Alps. This map contains 5 countries: Austria, Switzerland, North of Italy, South of Germany, and Liechtenstein.
7. Benelux. This map contains 3 countries: Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
8. DACH. This map contains 4 countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
9. France. This map contains 3 countries: France, Andorra and Monaco.
10. Iberian Peninsula. This map contains 3 countries: Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar.
11. Italy. This map contains 3 countries: Italy, San Marino and Vatican.
12. Nordics. This map contains 4 countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.
13. United Kingdom and Ireland. This map contains 2 countries: Great Britain and Ireland.
14. Western Central Southern Europe. This map contains 19 countries: Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Vatican, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Denmark, France, Andorra and Monaco.
Plenty of city maps are available for ROUTE 66 RAC. In order to find out which city maps are available for each European country, please access the online ROUTE 66 Store.
You can purchase new maps or other extra services such as Traffic Information, Safety Cameras or Weather for your RAC device by accessing the ROUTE 66 Online Shop via the ROUTE 66 Sync application.
All the information related to a map (price, size, the geographical surface it covers, the map data version or other details) or to the other extra services is available in the Online Store.
Other extra services such as Voices, or Color schemes can be downloaded free of charge.
Please follow the steps below to purchase a new map or another extra option:
1. Open the ROUTE 66 Sync application (launch the Sync CD/DVD). Please connect the RAC device to the PC via the USB cable.
2. Click on the 'Switch to ROUTE 66 Store' button at the top of the screen to access the ROUTE 66 Online Shop.
3. Choose an option on the left hand side you wish to buy.
4. Click on 'Add to cart', then on 'Checkout'.
5. On the next screen, introduce your email, phone number, and country. Then click on 'Next'.
6. On the next screen choose your payment method.
7. Then introduce your payment details and click on 'Submit'.
8. The option you bought will then be downloaded to PC and then copied to the device.
9. Click on 'Close' and disconnect your device.
If, while navigating, the arrow is displayed outside the road, or if the vocal driving instructions are received before the actual location is shown on the map, these could be caused by one of the below issues:
- The map in use is not completely digitized: the current street or area is missing from the map.
- The GPS data is not accurate enough as every GPS receiver has an acceptable localization error.
Localization can be affected when GPS signal is not completely stabilized either at the first connection to the GPS receiver or after exiting a long tunnel.
A GPS receiver must be locked on to the signal of at least 3 satellites to calculate a 2D position (latitude and longitude) and track movement. The quality of the GPS signal can be affected if:
1. The user is in the city surrounded by high buildings.
2. The user is in a tunnel, under a viaduct or indoors.
3. If the device is used in the car. Some heat-insulation films will affect the quality of the GPS signal.
Please make sure the device battery is fully charged when attempting to pick-up the GPS signal. Also place the device near a window or take it outside for a few minutes to pick-up the signal. The GPS connection cannot be established indoors. When the device is used for the first time, it may take up to 15 minutes to determine the GPS position.
It can happen that the presented map does not give an up-to-date representation of the current road situation.
ROUTE 66 cannot alter the used map data as all corrections must be made by the map supplier itself. The only thing ROUTE 66 can do with respect to these matters is to report the incorrect map areas to the map supplier. Please note that ROUTE 66 does not have any influence on the time taken or the way the map data is corrected.
When a new ROUTE 66 product line is designed, the ROUTE 66 Research and Development department makes great effort in using the most recent map data available at the desired detail level.
Please ensure that you correctly input the space in the post code as you would when writing an address on an envelope, for example, DN6 7FB or DN14 7NX.
If you cannot find the postcode, use the street name and the town/city or the street name and the first part of the postcode. If you know the house number, you can add this information. Make sure you insert the character "space" first.
Tap the main map screen to access the menu. Select the "Settings" option. Select the "Date & Time" option and you can now modify the time zone. Remark: During British Summer Time the time on the GPS Information page will seem to be one hour out, this is because the GPS Information page shows the signal from the closest satellite which is the Greenwich Meantime Satellite. All time information given by the unit will still be perfectly accurate.