These guidelines are for Journalists, Press agencies, Industry analysts, and other third parties wishing to use the ROUTE 66 logo, trademarks, service marks or images for editorial purposes, such as the publication of articles about the ROUTE 66 Company and its products and services.
For other, non-journalistic uses of the ROUTE 66 logo, trademarks, service marks or images, such as in promotional, advertising or sales materials, you need the written permission of ROUTE 66.
- The logo may only be used in close proximity to, or in obvious connection with, a published article or broadcast news story about the ROUTE 66 Company or a specific ROUTE 66 product or service.
- The logo may not be copied, distributed or used apart from the article or broadcast commentary about the company or the applicable product or service. For example, you may not redistribute the logo in hard copy or electronic form or make it available online for others to copy.
- The logo must be used as provided by ROUTE 66 Company with no changes, including, but not limited to, changes in the colour, proportion, or design, or removal of any words, artwork, or trademark symbols. The logo may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- To properly present a logo, a clear space equal to 10% of the width of the logo in horizontal direction and 10% of the height of the logo in vertical direction must be maintained around the logo. No other graphic elements should appear within this space.
- Our logo is comprised of both text and graphics. The logo should be displayed in its entirety.
- The logo must stand alone and may not be combined with any other object, including, but not limited to, other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, or symbols.
Authorised Use of ROUTE 66 Trademarks
- Publications: Third parties can use a ROUTE 66 trademark or service mark in connection with book titles, magazines, newspapers or periodicals provided they comply with the following requirements:
a. The third party name and logo appear more prominent than the ROUTE 66 trademark or service mark on all printed materials related to the publication.
b. A trademark or service mark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of ROUTE 66’s ownership of its trademark(s) and service marks(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution”.
- Web Sites: Third party web sites that serve only as non-commercial electronic informational forums, blogs or news portals publishing about a ROUTE 66 product or technology can use the appropriate ROUTE 66 trademark or service mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines.
Rules for Proper Use of the ROUTE 66 Trademark in Text
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks are not to be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two ROUTE 66 products.
Not Correct: I bought two ROUTE 66’s.
Correct: The ROUTE 66 interface is user-friendly.
Not Correct: ROUTE 66's interface is user-friendly.
- Always spell and capitalise the ROUTE 66 trademarks exactly as they are shown. Example: Use “ROUTE 66” and not “ROUTE 66”.
- Do not shorten or abbreviate ROUTE 66 product names. Example: Use “ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation” and not “ROUTE 66 M+N” or “R66 Maps + Navigation”.
- Do not make up names that contain ROUTE 66 trademarks or service marks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
- In product communications, use the appropriate trademark or service mark symbol (TM, sm, ®) the first time the ROUTE 66 trademark or service mark appears in the text.
- Include an attribution of ROUTE 66’s ownership of its trademarks and service marks within the credit notice section of your product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of ROUTE 66.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of ROUTE 66.
The ROUTE 66 artwork consists of product images, screenshots, pack shots, and lifestyle photography. ROUTE 66 is and shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of all the images. Third parties may use ROUTE 66 images for editorial purposes only, provided that the images are not altered or modified, in whole or in part, for any reason.
You will not delete, alter, or obfuscate any proprietary legends relating to the image, and each use will be accompanied by the applicable proprietary attribution shown next to the image.
The image attribution notice “Image courtesy of ROUTE 66” is displayed in connection with the ROUTE 66 image.
For further information with respect to the ROUTE 66 logo, trademark and artwork guidelines, please contact us.