febbraio 14, 2011 -
ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation launched by ROUTE 66 featuring TomTom Maps and Content
- Novembre 13, 2013 - ROUTE 66 Navigate per iPhone è qui
- Ottobre 17, 2013 - Presentazione ROUTE 66 Navigate, il navigatore più entusiasmante per il tuo smartphone
- Ottobre 16, 2012 - ROUTE 66 Releases Panoramic Car Kit for Leading Apple, HTC and Samsung Smartphones
- Ottobre 08, 2012 - ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation Exceeds a Million Downloads on Google Play
- Marzo 07, 2012 - SAMSUNG extends strategic cooperation with ROUTE 66 to SAMSUNG Wave 3, the chic smartphone
- Novembre 24, 2011 - ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation Now Available in Google Play
- Febbraio 14, 2011 - ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation launched by ROUTE 66 featuring TomTom Maps and Content
- Febbraio 14, 2011 - Drive & Walk for SAMSUNG Android phones with ‘Follow Me’ Augmented Reality Navigation powered by ROUTE 66 and NAVTEQ
- Dicembre 01, 2010 - A gift from ROUTE 66 for safer rides this winter: 58% discount on lifetime navigation and location based services
- Ottobre 20, 2010 - Ora disponibile per tutta la famiglia Samsung Wave: navigazione on-board a vita più gli aggiornamenti autovelox GRATUITI
- Settembre 09, 2010 - Sconto promozionale d'autunno del 33% sulla navigazione a vita e sui servizi di localizzazione geografica (Location Based Services - LBS)
- Luglio 20, 2010 - ROUTE 66 lancia su scala mondiale una campagna per l’utente finale dedicata a tutti i possessori di uno smartphone Samsung Wave (GT-S8500)
Contatto Pubbliche Relazioni
Per le domande dei media, si prega di contattarci via e-mail: email@example.com.
Tutte le domande dei media avranno pronta risposta.
- Complete mapping and navigation app for Android, with over 100 TomTom maps
- Unique Follow Me™ augmented reality navigation to make navigation easier and more fun
- Special launch offer: 30 days free worldwide navigation license
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, BARCELONA, 14 February 2011 - ROUTE 66, a pioneer in mobile mapping and navigation solutions for smartphones and tablets, today announces the launch of ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation, a new app for Android leveraging TomTom’s highly accurate maps and enhanced location content. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation is the first application coming to market that is based on the global agreement between ROUTE 66 and TomTom announced at the end of 2010.
Premium Navigation with Free Map Browsing
This new ROUTE 66 app is a feature-packed mapping and navigation solution for drivers and pedestrians around the globe. The app provides access to the latest crystal-clear maps for over 100 countries, with stunning 3D graphics, packed with handy links to useful information like the weather and Wikipedia. Users can explore maps in any direction with multi-touch gestures for zooming, moving, tilting and rotating the view, even during navigation. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation provides navigation with clear spoken directions in 57 languages, optional Real Time Traffic and Speed Camera services and a number of unique extras, including the spectacular Follow Me augmented reality feature. Maps are free to download and also included is a 30 days free worldwide navigation license.
Follow Me™ Augmented Reality
In addition to a full range of premium navigation features, ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation now has Follow Me. Follow Me shows video of the street in front of you using the camera of the phone or tablet and adds a virtual 3D car driving in front of you. Indicator lights flash to tell you where to turn left or right. This is augmented reality navigation at its best: your own Follow Me car on top of a live camera image, combined with crisp, clear, spoken directions which make finding your way more intuitive and more fun than ever before.
Map storage taken to a new level
With ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation users can access map data in various ways. The app automatically downloads the map data needed from high-speed servers to phone or tablet as you go, providing access to the very latest and most accurate maps whenever is needed. Users can also store complete maps on their smartphone or tablet using Wi-Fi before they go on the road, avoiding data roaming charges while abroad and ensuring instant access with guaranteed performance, whatever the local network reception.
TomTom Maps and Location Content
ROUTE 66 selected TomTom as the provider of map data for ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation to ensure its users the best possible mapping and navigation experience available. For this brand new app, ROUTE 66 is using TomTom maps, and a wide range of location content such as 3D City Maps, 3D Landmarks and Premium POIs.
“We are extremely pleased to provide a critical component in this compelling new ROUTE 66 application,” said Maarten van Gool, Managing Director, TomTom Licensing. “Our maps rate very highly in terms of quality and reliability, and are updated daily via millions of GPS system users worldwide, who help to track and validate changes in real time.”
“ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation provides the future of navigation, today,” said Paul Warmer, ROUTE 66 Vice President Marketing. “And it’s also great fun to use. Everyone who tested our new product, became hooked on the unique Follow Me feature, which we believe is a major step forward in making navigation more intuitive and a lot more fun.”
Availability and pricing
ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation is available soon via Google Play. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation offers lifetime free access to maps. Turn-by-turn navigation is a premium feature, which can be purchased via the in-app store. Navigation licenses are available for 30 days, one year and lifetime. See the License menu for the in-app store for actual end-user prices. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation comes with a 30 days free worldwide navigation license. The app is compatible with Android 2.1 and later.
About ROUTE 66
ROUTE 66 is a pioneer of smart, easy-to-use navigation solutions for mobile devices under the ROUTE 66 brand, as well as developing bespoke solutions and software development kits for the world's largest mobile device manufacturers. The company also provides a wide range of additional geographic content and location-based services. Headquartered near Zürich (Switzerland), ROUTE 66 has offices in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia and sells its products and services worldwide. For more information please visit www.66.com.
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries. Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning HD Traffic™. For further information, please visit http://www.tomtom.com/licensing.
Both ROUTE 66 and TomTom are present at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Please email us to schedule a meeting or to get more information.
ROUTE 66, Emilia Iacob: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TomTom, Sandra Van Hauwaert: Sandra.VanHauwaert@tomtom.com or call +32 (0)497 25 18 16.
Launch Notes for Editors
You can download screenshots of ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation, videos of the new Follow Me feature and the map viewer, at http://www.66.com/press.